Carpooling in Greater Sudbury
By carpooling, you can cut your operating costs from 50 to 75 per cent and reduce your greenhouse gas emissions and protect the quality of air we breathe.
Carpooling helps save money for parking and gas, and reduces wear and tear on your vehicle. By helping people find a riding partner, EarthCare Sudbury is helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions and traffic congestion.
Download the carpool dialogue sheet to help facilitate carpooling (PDF 58 KB).
Download the Greater Sudbury Carpooling poster (PDF 89 KB). Forward it to your co-workers and post it in a visible location at your workplace.
In an effort to make carpooling a more convenient and viable option for commuters, EarthCare Sudbury has implemented carpooling parking lots, often referred to as park-and-ride, throughout the area.
Park-and-ride allows users to drive their own vehicles to the designated location, meet their carpooling partners and leave their vehicle for the day without incurring additional costs for parking. Each vehicle must display a dashboard parking pass which is available through EarthCare Sudbury by email or by calling 705-674-4455, extension 4398. Spaces are limited and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Current carpooling parking locations are as follows:
- Neil's Your Independent Grocer (Hanmer)
- Place Bonaventure Mall (Chelmsford)
- Capreol Community Centre/Arena
- Carmichael Arena (Bancroft Drive, Sudbury)
- Centennial Community Centre/Arena (Hanmer)
- Chelmsford Community Centre/Arena
- Gerry McCrory Countryside Sports Complex (Sudbury)
- Dr. Edgar Leclair Community Centre/Arena (Azilda)
- Food Basics, Notre Dame, Sudbury
- Garson Community Centr/Arena
- I.J. Coady Memorial Arena (Levack)
- McClelland Community Centre/Arena (Copper Cliff)
- Raymond Plourde Arena (Val Caron)
- T.M. Davies Community Centre/Arena (Lively)
- Toe Blake Memorial Arena (Coniston)
For more information on how to use the park-and-rides or to find a location near you, contact EarthCare Sudbury or 705-674-4455, extension 4398.