Two Bag Limit
In October there will be some changes to your roadside garbage collection. Each week, the City picks up garbage from approximately 60,000 households across the Greater Sudbury. Starting October 10, 2016, the City will pick up two bags of garbage at the curb instead of three–in addition to unlimited blue box recycling, unlimited organics, and unlimited leaf and yard trimmings.
Over the decades, Sudburians have proven a commitment to sustainability, green stewardship, and environmental leadership: reducing the amount of garbage that goes into our landfill sites is just one more way we’re doing our part to create a greater Sudbury.
Almost 90 per cent of residents put out only two bags of garbage each week, but we want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to meet the new garbage bag limit so you’ll receive:
- UNLIMITED Blue Box collection every week
- UNLIMITED Green Cart collection every week
- UNLIMITED leaf and yard trimming collection every week
- UNLIMITED collection of large furniture and appliances
- TWO garbage bags collected every week
- ADDITIONAL Blue Boxes at no charge
- ADDITIONAL Green Carts at no charge
- FREE Waste Wizard online tool for easy waste sorting
- REDUCTION from $20 to $10 for the large capacity “Big Blue” recycling container with lid, and
- NEW support programs for families with children under the age of four who produce extra diaper waste or for residents with medical circumstance who generate additional garbage.
For those odd weeks you absolutely need an extra bag of garbage picked up at the curb, consider purchasing garbage bag tags for a fee of $10 for 5 tags.